Transportation Insurance


Commercial vehicles, products and employees are constantly on the move. In fact, motor vehicles transport goods and people more than 2.9 billion miles on the road, each year.1 Whether you are  a manufacturer or a wholesaler/distributor delivering products via your own fleet of commercial vehicles, an over-the-road trucker carrying cargo across the country for others, or a limousine service delivering your passengers to their destination, you need an insurer whose deep transportation expertise can keep you on the road.

For those who are hauling cargo, Travelers also offers one of the largest and most comprehensive cargo theft investigative units in the industry. The Travelers Special Investigations Group (SIG) investigates cargo theft and guides customers through the process of adopting procedures to harden operations against risk and criminal activity. Since 2009, SIG has recovered more than $37 million in stolen items.

Inland Marine – Transportation, Cargo and Logistics

Property transported by truck, rail, or in storage  during or at the completion of transit is generally insured on an inland marine policy. Travelers Inland Marine provides protection for motor carriers, logistics/broker companies, freight forwards and warehouseman who are responsible for goods from the point of departure until they reach their final destination.

Manufacturers and wholesalers/distributors are the most common commercial businesses that transport goods using their own fleets. Whether your fleet includes trucks, vans or cars, We provide solutions that  help keep fleets protected throughout their journey.


Trucking for hire and private fleets


  • Dry van
  • Flatbed
  • Oversized & heavy equipment haulers
  • Bulk hopper
  • Refrigerated
  • Auto haulers
  • Liquid tank  non-hazmat
  • Intermodal
Looking For a full Services Insurance Agent?
contact us

(516) 243-9928